We’ve all heard that detoxifying the body is important for beautiful and healthy skin, but there are many methods for how this is achieved being thrown around – from juice cleanses, to starvation, to using supplements to Detoxify your Body. This is not the way to properly detox your body’s biological systems and your skin, and, in fact, dangerous methods like these can cause far more harm than good. You need a combination of proper skincare and eating the right foods to detox.
Using the right products goes a long way to help the skin. Avoiding make-up products that can clog pores and cause damage is important, but detoxifying absolutely relies on an expert cleansing regimen. You should regularly use luxury beauty products from Erno Laszlo and other skincare gurus, like Indie Lee and Caudalie, with three primary steps: cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. The following is an example trio of products to try to maximize detoxifying power.
Cleanse with Erno Laszlo Pore Refining Detox Double Cleanse
This jelly-like cleanser contains detoxifying oil beads to clean the skin without stripping it. Black charcoal pulls out dirt and impurities plus damage from the environment. Fruit enzymes clarify, and kale protein delivers nutrient-rich care to restore health and vitality on a cellular level.
Tone with Indie Lee’s CoQ10 Toner
Forget the old-fashioned alcohol-filled toners of decades past. This balancing formula is alcohol-free and delivers light hydration as it preps the skin for moisturization. It balances by maintaining natural pH levels and provides antioxidant protections against free radicals from the environment. Remove extra dirt and oil that you may have missed with your cleanser.
Moisturize with Caudalie’s Vine[Activ] Overnight Detox Oil
This 100% natural concentrate can be applied overnight so you can wake up to hydrated and revitalized skin. Cell renewal is encouraged for regeneration, toxins and dead skin cells are eliminated, and it plumps up skin to reduce fine lines and signs of premature aging. Let this silky formula absorb into the skin before bed and it will recharge it during the natural renewing processes of sleep.
Eat the Right Foods
Just as antioxidants are key for skincare, they’re necessary to fully detox the body as well. Eating the right foods and avoiding the wrong ones is essential for ridding the body of toxins and not taking any in. It’s vital to take proper care of the liver and gut to achieve this. After all, the liver is the primary organ that processes toxic substances and rids the body’s systems of them.
Excellent detoxifying foods include:
- Garlic: liver enzymes that detoxify are better activated with garlic which also contains natural anti-bacterials.
- Beet: these red roots also activate liver enzymes to affect bile which breaks down fat and aids the body in absorbing healthy fat plus vitamin e.
- Fermented foods: introduce gut-healthy bacteria to aid the digestive and toxin-eliminating processes.
- Citrus: lemon, lime, and oranges are hydrating and flush out toxic components with enzyme-boosting power. Lemon is especially excellent for liver health.
- Green vegetables: you can’t get enough kale, spinach, spirulina, algae, alfalfa, and other leafy greens for detoxification. Their chlorophyll content rids the body of toxins from the environment and are packed with liver-loving nutrients.
Hydration is an important part of detoxing – both for skin care products and in what you consume. Be sure to drink plenty of water spread throughout the day and add some lemon slices!